Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Layer one - Nuts and Bolts painting.


I've been doing lots of drawing, sketching, messing around, but it has been maybe 6 months since I have put brush to canvas.

I decided to paint one of the 100 drawings and not worry too much if I had a model. This is the first layer. There will be interesting details and lots of glazing layers added. I think the imperfection of the figure is fine. I did take some pics with my computer camera just to get the angle and anatomy right.

There are only 3 colors of paint in this so far, plus a tiny bit of white. The only yellow is around the sun which you can't see in the crappy photo.

I have some serious complaints about my equipment. My printer keeps telling me it is missing an ink cartridge WHICH IT IS NOT! I fought with it for about half an hour before I gave up and went without printing out some images to help me along.

Complaint 2 is I have no digital camera. This is frustrating. I have a regular camera, but it is doing some strange stuff too.... so I'm kind of without some kind of necessary equipment and it is making my life much more frustrating.

The painting is called Nuts and bolts for a reason... but you can't see that yet. It's only a working title. :) Sure to change.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Willow!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I love how this painting is coming along so far, especially the perspective you chose. Can't wait to see its completion. I share your frustration, which is why I gave in and bought a digital camera. My printer has done that also, and I was able to fix it by activating the self clean feature on the printer. It had something to do with the printer head. Hope you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete